This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Changing data screens via Shimano Di2 d-fly channel

So, apparently you can use the top switches on the Di2 shifters to change display on some GARMIN gadgets (Edge) but I'm not able to get it working on my Forerunner 935 (to change the data screens while cycling).
Anyone knows a way to activate it or is it just not implemented (yet)?
  • I haven't seen it mention in the changelog for the 935 so presumably that means it has not been implemented.
  • I'd be surprised to see it implemented on any running based device. Unless of course it's more 'fluff' that Garmin add to appease a few more people.
  • I would like to see the D-fly screen change feature implemented on the 935. I run and ride with the 935. It would make the 935 more useful on the bike, since the small screen only allows for 4 data fields. Seems like an obvious feature for the top of the line triathlon Garmin, I was actually surprised when I hooked up the D-fly today and I couldn't change the screens.
  • I was surprised too, since the other features like "Gear" and "Battery status" are implemented alright.
    Anyway, I'll write a feature request, let's see if at least one garmin developer tries to use his own 935 on a "modern" road bike ... ;-)
  • any luck on the feature request? keen to see if garmin has able to sneak this in?

• +1 here. Forerunner is a triathlon watch and I use it as a bike computer too. I can see the battery status (good), and the gears (not so useful), but changing the screens would be the real feature. I don't want to buy an edge just because of this

• I was really annoyed that this didn't work. For me it would make even more sense to have the ability on the watches as they are way harder to switch data screens on while riding than an Edge. 

• This forum works as a therapeutic tool. People can come, express their grief and thus ease their minds. The world doesn't change in the meantime. Garmin doesn't give a damn what we write here, at most they write the two line official position that there is and will be no such feature no matter what the customers want.