This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 935 - Multisport - taking laps?

Hi,
it is possible to take laps in the multisport / triathlon mode? The back button is occupied to change between sports. I put already laps on a hotkey, but it has the same outcome.
Further it is feasible to go back in the multisport mode? Because it happen quite easy to push the back button unintended or too often. To close the current activity and start a new one, what means to have two files, can´t be the solution. Also I want to page through, what makes the key lock unacceptable for me.

THX for helping
Manuel
  • Not possible to take manual laps as you've identified the button moves between activities. Set autolaps as an alternative.
    Not possible to go back once the next activity has been selected.
    In all the years I've been using Garmin devices in triathlon/multisport, I've never accidentally pressed a lap button - even when pulling a wetsuit off. You'll just have to learn to be more careful.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

You can always try suggesting options to Garmin via their feature request page - https://www8.garmin.com/contactUs/ideas/
  • Thanks for the answer and the hint the feature request page.
    I did not use the device yet for multisport, but it happen already couple time by skitouring race that I push the button.
    The only way to take laps in multisport/triathlon that I found now is to start a single activity and change between the sports. If required a transition mode can be created.
  • I justified the same problem during multisport, I press the stop button shortly and select the lap option.
  • Hi,
    I've just come over from the Polar side of the force and this absolutely puzzles me. How the heck can people live WITHOUT the ability to have (manual) laps in a multisport session/race?! In a triathlon I always mark laps for specific segments on the bike course (e.g. climbs, descents) so that I can check a certain Wattage goal for that segment against the "Lap average power" field. No manual laps on my new Garmin means my whole pacing concept goes out the window.
    I wonder what the design decision was there: "Hey guys, in multisport mode, we need to re-purpose one of the existing buttons for changing sport. Should we use the Lap or the Stop/Pause button? Oh well, I think taking a short rest is a more common use-case in a race than wanting to take a lap, so: bye-bye Lap-Butto!!!"

• Hi,
    I've just come over from the Polar side of the force and this absolutely puzzles me. How the heck can people live WITHOUT the ability to have (manual) laps in a multisport session/race?! In a triathlon I always mark laps for specific segments on the bike course (e.g. climbs, descents) so that I can check a certain Wattage goal for that segment against the "Lap average power" field. No manual laps on my new Garmin means my whole pacing concept goes out the window.
    I wonder what the design decision was there: "Hey guys, in multisport mode, we need to re-purpose one of the existing buttons for changing sport. Should we use the Lap or the Stop/Pause button? Oh well, I think taking a short rest is a more common use-case in a race than wanting to take a lap, so: bye-bye Lap-Butto!!!"