This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Log HRV - RR Intervals

I am trying to capture RR Intervals during an activity. What do I need to use the log HRV feature and what are some ways to analyze the RR data? I see I may need a chest strap but which ones definitely work?
  • I have logged it with both the HRM-RUN and the old softstrap.

If it is like the Fenix watches, you need to download a .fit file to the watch. This file contains the setting which will enable the HRV logging. I can't remember the name, but it can be googled.

If you want to look at your HRV data from an activity, you can upload the activity .fit file to runalyze.com.
  • On 935 you don't need the fit file. You enable it in the watch under Settings -> Physiological Metrics (i run my watch in another language so so my "translation" of the menu items might be wrong)
  • Correct with respect to turning on the 'Log HRV' setting.

You do need a chest strap to get the best HRV data.

I look at my HRV data in SportTracks.mobi for personal use. Started using Kubios for research the other day.
  • I have an account at sporttracks.mobi too, but as far as I can see, it only records one HRV value per workout? If I want to see how and when my HRV changes during a workout, I haven't found a way at Sporttracks.
  • So this does work the HRM Run. Does it work with the HRM Tri? Or other chest straps?
  • AllanOlesen67 To delve into the beat-by-beat data you will likely need an analysis package like Kubios. I'm pretty certain that none of the sports trackers will provide that level of detail. Maybe Golden Cheetah?
  • I have an account at sporttracks.mobi too, but as far as I can see, it only records one HRV value per workout? If I want to see how and when my HRV changes during a workout, I haven't found a way at Sporttracks.

Well, I wonder what you want to see. HRV data is not that easy to read without lots of (medical) knowledge. Take a loot at e.g. Kubios documentation and publications on HRV. Maybe have a look at "Performance condition" data field or the graph in your activity's summary. This information uses HRV with others to get kind of real-time stat. There is some explanation in GC behind the question mark symbol within graph segment.
  • Well, I wonder what you want to see.

I am interested in the mechanics behind the lactate threshold detection and performance condition detection. So I would like to see the data which went into the calculation.
  • AllanOlesen67 To delve into the beat-by-beat data you will likely need an analysis package like Kubios. I'm pretty certain that none of the sports trackers will provide that level of detail. Maybe Golden Cheetah?

As I wrote, Runalyze does it, and it is free.
  • Runalyze does it, and it is free.

And allows you to delve into it as required at post #5 above?