This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Burn Skin from Optical Sensor

I have a burn on my wrist and I think the culprit is the optical sensor on my Garmin 935.

I have already considered that it may be a mechanical rash from the device rubbing me constantly, but I don't think so because this isn't my first sports watch and none have caused a rash on my skin in the past. Also, I clean the watch thoroughly after each activity so I know that it isn't caused by salt, sweat, or dirt. I really think it may be the senor burning my skin. I wear the watch constantly, but have switched it to my dominant wrist to see if the burn shows up on the other arm. I suspect it will.

I have no allergies and the 935 is plastic so I can't imagine what it could be if not the sensor burning my skin.

Has anyone else run into this? I have seen a couple of people post a similar issue either here or elsewhere; I even saw one with pictures identical to mine. I have not, however, seen resolution so I decided to ask. Please see the attached photo and let me know if you have a similar experience or whether you have the cause or "fix" for this issue.

Thanks!

RCA