This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

how to switch pace alerts of

Hi

I use a training plan (by TrainingPeaks) with a pace range. Because of GPS inaccuracy, trees, buildings, up hill or down hill parts, the watch is vibrating like crazy: vroom - too slow, vroom - too fast, vroom, you are in the range - its so anoying. While intervall trainings, I sometimes miss the new laps or start too early. I could change every training in my training plan to a open range, but that shouldn't be the sense of using training plans. Can I switch off the pace alterts while keeping the lap alerts?

greetings, ben
  • Do you mean you are doing a workout that has come down from the watch via TP?

If so what sort of thing is it asking you to do?

Pace alerts in workouts should be based on lap pace so certainly should not be vibrating like crazy. Those in "normal" runs are however based on current pace so much more likely to have this problem.

In Run profile, Run Settings, Alerts do you have any? If so delete those you don't want.

If you don't like the way the TP workout is setup, suggest do a normal run and just be aware of what you are supposed to be doing by looking at the watch from time to time.
  • up hill or down hill parts

If you are attempting to do a custom workout using pace, then you need to be on a flattish route where you can better manage pace. On hilly runs I'll use HR.
  • Do you mean you are doing a workout that has come down from the watch via TP?

If so what sort of thing is it asking you to do?

Pace alerts in workouts should be based on lap pace so certainly should not be vibrating like crazy. Those in "normal" runs are however based on current pace so much more likely to have this problem.

In Run profile, Run Settings, Alerts do you have any? If so delete those you don't want.

If you don't like the way the TP workout is setup, suggest do a normal run and just be aware of what you are supposed to be doing by looking at the watch from time to time.

Thank you for your tipps and suggestions!

Yes, I do my runs by downloaded TrainingPeaks-Workout made by my TP-coach. I could rebuild the workouts on Garmin Connect, but thats a lot of work to do for a work around to switch the annoying alerts of.

With short intervalls (1min or 400m) the lap pace is unreliable and the pace alerts start immediatly (to slow, to fast, in range). So I have to look on my watch, if I want to know when the intervall ends.

I have no alerts in Run Setting!

Using a training plan made by a professional coach was an important feature for me to update my 920xt to 935. Looking at my watch while sprinting is not comfortable. ;-) I ask for switching of the pace alerts separately, like the off course alerts in the navigation settings.

greetings, ben
  • If you are attempting to do a custom workout using pace, then you need to be on a flattish route where you can better manage pace. On hilly runs I'll use HR.

I live in switzerland and therfore it's not so easy to find a flattish route. ;-) I import my Workouts from Training Peaks. Avoiding the alerts I would be forced to rebuild the workouts in garmin connect. Thats a bit outdated.
  • did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem you have, it is really annoing the constant vibration alerts

• The problem is that the workouts use average pace for the lap, which means if the intervals are short, and you were previously running at a considerably different pace, it takes a reasonable amount of time for the average pace to catch up to your current pace, especially if you are using a treadmill. As far as I am concerned this makes the pacing, especially for intervals, as good as broken. Workout pacing needs to be able to be switched to actual pace instead of average pace, I do not know if that is possible.

• I have the same problem with fenix 6x pro, I keep getting alerts even though I have deleted those.

I have an idea to add the pace alert back on and set the setting to “off”, maybe that will restrict alerts from popping up every second step.

• I tried that as well but it unfortunately did not help in turning off the alerts.

• I am also struggling with this and it's driving me crazy... I searched everywhere for a solution and could not find any. It's really frustrating.

• I emailed TrainingPeaks support and here is their reply:

Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable the pace alerts at this time. This is a limitation with Garmin devices and we do not have any control over this functionality.

However, I can tell you that pace will not show on the device the workout is synced to when you use RPE. I often use this on my workouts because I hate that I cannot disable alerts on my Garmin when I am outside of the pace zones, so this is a nice workaround since I know my goal paces.

I have not yet tried it but it makes sense. I just have to figure out how the scale of 1-10 RPE maps to my current pace range.