This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Faulty OHR frequency measurement

After the last updates, the pulse rate measurement is incorrect at least +20bpm and continues to increase with exercise. Previously it worked much better. So it is truly unusable without band :mad:. As I read from the forum, I'm not the only one to have this problem. Please take note and fix why do I think it's a software problem if you don't tell me how to fix it :(? Thank you.
  • So why start yet another thread and clutter up the forum?
  • Because I wanted to highlight the problem that Garmin does not seem to want to solve. Updates cannot make things worse. You cannot have a watch that is so emphasized for frequency at the wrist if it is not accurate. It must be a priority issue for Garmin and settled within a few days. It is not possible to spend 500 or more euros on a watch that then does not work as it should. If it is not a software problem (but it is) then replace the watch with a new one. I am sorry for the vent but it is due. At first I was very enthusiastic about it now much less so.

• +1

have also the impression, that OHR (v 6.0) still works worse than it used to. Example attached. I marked a segment where speed is going up HR is going down. Wenn slowing down, HR goes up. I isnstantly knew, that the displayed values are incorrect. The OHR of the complete run was a mess. Same on the left side.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1256815.png
  • Because I wanted to highlight the problem that Garmin does not seem to want to solve. Updates cannot make things worse. You cannot have a watch that is so emphasized for frequency at the wrist if it is not accurate. It must be a priority issue for Garmin and settled within a few days. It is not possible to spend 500 or more euros on a watch that then does not work as it should. If it is not a software problem (but it is) then replace the watch with a new one. I am sorry for the vent but it is due. At first I was very enthusiastic about it now much less so.

I also agree that all this customer-debugging is completely unacceptable for a $500 watch.
  • And I agree to. I have problems with HR measurement too. Waiting for update.... :-(
  • a watch that then does not work as it should.

Garmin's disclaimer is clear about Activity Tracking Accuracy. It is available for reading to the public before making a purchase decision.

• Meh, seemed to act very weird for me yesterday as well... Hardly ever have issues with it (some cadence lock waaaaay in the beginning and when I start out at high intensity it sometimes needs a bit to get the proper reading).

But yesterday suddenly halfway (was a 23k run) hr went up from 135-140 to 160-165 (so same 20bp range). Perhaps coincidence, will keep an eye out on it.
  • Garmin's disclaimer is clear about Activity Tracking Accuracy. It is available for reading to the public before making a purchase decision.

This is certainly true, in fact I have read the responsibility note before buying. But that the situation is getting worse with the updates is not at all fine. We have moved from acceptable use to no longer being able to use the drive.
  • In my experience there has been no change in the performance of WHR since 4.10 (installed when I purchased mine) to 6.0 currently installed. But then, I never had unrealistic expectations for the performance of WHR. It works at low intensity for activity tracking. It has never worked properly for me during activities as I have shown with examples from the different software updates since I have had the watch.
  • Well, in my case it has worked properly for quite a while already (also with higher intensity workouts) so if it 'suddenly' functions differently I notice that...

Still, workout yesterday seemed to go fine (which was warmup - high intensity - cool down, and all those sections were measured properly by the OHR).

But indeed, OHR is a fickle female dog...

In my experience there has been no change in the performance of WHR since 4.10 (installed when I purchased mine) to 6.10 currently installed. But then, I never had unrealistic expectations for the performance of WHR. It works at low intensity for activity tracking. It has never worked properly for me during activities as I have shown with examples from the different software updates since I have had the watch.

Btw, I assume the 6.10 version is a typo? See no such version anywhere... (I'm an update junkie so naturally this got my attention ;) )