This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reminder to remove RD Pod (need help)

You know that cool little prompt that you get on the watch when you finish your run to remind you to remove your RD Pod? Well, I accidentally clicked to not show me the prompt again and now I can't figure out how to reset the prompt. Anyone know? Thanks!
  • This is just a wild guess, but can you try removing it from Sensors & Accessories, then adding it back? Hopefully the watch will forget everything about the RD Pod, including the fact that you dismissed the prompt.
  • Thanks, I tried that. No luck.
  • :(. Unless there's a setting hidden somewhere, only thing I can think of would be a factory reset/clear settings, which I'm sure you don't want to do.

If it can't be done today, hopefully it gets added in a future firmware update.
  • I did ask about this and don't think there is an easy solution. Master reset might be the only way.

I tend to find I am reminded when sit down but, if not, sent mine round the washing machine once and survived!
  • Well this is not good, but it's not the end of the world either I guess, and certainly not worth doing a master reset. Just seems like there should be a way to reset the prompt because it's so easy to dismiss it by accident when you can't see straight through the sweat after a run (which is what I did!). Good to know it can survive a washing though...lol I never put my running clothes in the dryer so I think I'll be safe.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    I have confirmed that the only way to get the RD Pod alert back would be to restore the device to defaults. I have passed along the feedback that there are users that would like to see this as a setting on the device that can be turned off/on.
  • Well that's a bummer, but if you can get it put in a software update that would be fantastic. I miss it. It really helps to remember. If I knew I couldn't get it back I would have been a lot more careful!
  • Linda,
    This is not what you asked for, nor is it what you probably want to hear (read), but I would suggest you place a sticky note in a prominent place near your running clothes. Big, bold letters telling you to remove your RD Pod. At least until they come up with some kind of fix.

Better safe than sorry and all that...
  • Linda,
    This is not what you asked for, nor is it what you probably want to hear (read), but I would suggest you place a sticky note in a prominent place near your running clothes. Big, bold letters telling you to remove your RD Pod. At least until they come up with some kind of fix.

Better safe than sorry and all that...

Thanks for the idea! I don't run from home very often so I usually remove it when I get back to my car and sit down because I can feel it. That's been working so far. :o
  • I don't know if this helps, but if you always run similar times or distances, you could also set a custom time/distance alert with whatever text you want (like "rd pod off" or something), to go off just before your run ends. It would've been cool if garmin let you add text to any alert; then you could use a pace alert for when you stop at the end of your run.