This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to delete custom activities

Hi all,

just got my 935 and I played around and created a couple new activities based on the "Other" activity. However, now I cannot find a way to delete those app. I can "remove app" but the record is still in there, which means I cannot create another activity and change to the same name.

the specific example is I created "tennis" based on "Other" activity, now I want to delete that and create "tennis" based on "Run" app.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks
  • So after a lot of playing around with adding and deleting activities, I managed to get my Other activity in the same bad state :(. Whenever I try to add it, the watch instead tries to copy a random activity with a blank default name for the copy.

Can't figure out how to get out of it this time.
  • This is the best answer, thank you

• I know it's been 4 years, but I just have bought a Garmin watch and faced the same issue.

Your advice really helped out.

Thanks a lot.

• I had the same problem. I created a custom activity profile on my Garmin 735XT that I wanted to delete later but could not because it said “Cannot delete active profile”.

What you have to do to be able to delete the custom activity profile is select another one of your profiles before going into the Menu.

This somehow activates the other profile leaving the one you want to delete inactive.

So to delete first select a Profile you don’t want to delete (this will activate that profile and inactivate all others) then go to Menu > Settings > Activity Profiles > “Select the profile you want to delete/remove” > Remove Profile.

• Hey There, you seem to have the solution but not sure what you mean by select another one of your profiles before going into the menu.  Select them how.  I tried running a profile (as if doing the activity) and then exited and no delete option is available, just remove.  Let me know what you think i am doing incorrectly.

• Hey Sports Friend 

I know it’s a bit confusing and not intuitive at all. 
    Let’s select say the Cardio activity for instance (which you don’t want to delete.)

Do this by starting at your watch on the time display screen > press the arrow right button on the top right > press the arrow up button to scroll through your activity profiles until you find Cardio. Now press the down arrow to enter the menu.*

From here continue as explained above… Menu > Settings > Activity Profiles > “Select the profile you want to delete/remove” > Remove Profile.

*Technically you DON’T activate the Cardio Activity Profile as if you wanted to work out, you just enter the Menu from this point.

Let me know if this works out for you.

Cheers

Mario

• Hey Mario, i think i gave your instructions a go and still can not get a DELETE option to show up on any Profiles i created.

Not sure what pressing the down arrow to enter the menu means.  I have to long press the up arrow to enter the menu (from watch face and from activity list).

If i go to the regular Settings (hold UP button>>>press UP button>>> press SETTINGS>>>>ACTIVITY and APS>>>scroll to bottom.... and that is where I only see REMOVE.  No DELETE is available on any of my self made profiles except the one i do not want to delete!

thanks.  I will keep at it.