This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to delete custom activities

Hi all,

just got my 935 and I played around and created a couple new activities based on the "Other" activity. However, now I cannot find a way to delete those app. I can "remove app" but the record is still in there, which means I cannot create another activity and change to the same name.

the specific example is I created "tennis" based on "Other" activity, now I want to delete that and create "tennis" based on "Run" app.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks
  • Not clear here. So you selected your custom Tennis app and did "Remove App" and it did not actually remove it?

Or are you talking about trying to remove any activity files that you recorded while using your Tennis app. So ones in the History section?
  • Unable to delete custom activities

Not clear here. So you selected your custom Tennis app and did "Remove App" and it did not actually remove it?

Or are you talking about trying to remove any activity files that you recorded while using your Tennis app. So ones in the History section?

thanks for your reply, sorry, I finally manged to find a "delete" option, thanks for your help anyway.
  • Is there a way to delete some of the preset activities such as 'Boat', 'Jumpmaster' etc? Can't find a way.
  • thanks for your reply, sorry, I finally manged to find a "delete" option, thanks for your help anyway.

Where did you find that? I have a Fenix 5 and despite some seemingly-arbitrary differences, the software is mostly the same. I only see the "Remove App" option, which doesn't really remove it... just pushes it down to the "+ Add" menu. I can't find a way to actually delete these things.
  • Settings, Activities & Apps
    Select the one you want to delete
    Delete is one of the options.

Looks like Remove keeps it if you want to re add later.
    But if you want to Delete one you have removed you need to add it back first.

Also looks like you cannot Delete "in built" apps which makes sense.
  • Settings, Activities & Apps
    Select the one you want to delete
    Delete is one of the options.

Looks like Remove keeps it if you want to re add later.
    But if you want to Delete one you have removed you need to add it back first.

Also looks like you cannot Delete "in built" apps which makes sense.

Thanks... Odd that the "Delete" option is only there if you go to settings and then the app, versus going to the app and then long pressing for settings.
  • Speaking of which, has anyone ever noticed a bug where if you try to re-add certain activities, sometimes the watch acts like you tried to copy a profile and prompts you for a new name? I've seen this a a while ago with Other" and right now with a custom profile ("Run workout") originally based on "Run". When I try to add "Run Workout" back, it acts as though I tried to copy "Other".

Not sure how to fix this now. (The problem with "Other" fixed itself, but I'm not sure what steps I took...)

Edit:
    - I added another builtin app and removed it, and now it works.
    - I tried reordering my "Run Workout" app, and all of a sudden I was reordering "HRV stress". Crazy stuff

I can replicate the above "failed to add app" behaviour at will. At the beginning of each step, I navigated to Settings > Activities & Apps. At the end of each step, I exited fully from the settings menu all the way back to the watch face, in case that has something to do with it
    1) Create new profile based on "Run" (e.g. "Run (2)")
    2) Remove "Run (2)"
    3) Attempt to add "Run (2)". Watch behaves as though I am trying to copy another profile (such as "Run" or "Other" -- however, the default name is "blank", rather than the name of another profile. I can tell what the original profile might've been based on the colour and the default fields, though.). Cancel "copy" operation.
    4) Add built-in app
    5) Remove built-in app
    6) Add "Run (2)". Works this time.

(Powering the watch off and on between steps 2) and 3) did not resolve the problem, either. The only thing that seems to work is to add/remove a built-in app).
  • Thanks... Odd that the "Delete" option is only there if you go to settings and then the app, versus going to the app and then long pressing for settings.

Probably something to do with not deleting the one you are currently on which recall you don't do on other devices.
  • Will - wonder if the name is a factor there? Do you get same problem if say "Run (2)" becomes says "Intervals" - i.e. a name without "special" characters and even spaces.
  • No, "Runa" has the same problem. And I first noticed this with "Other", which isn't even a custom profile. It was worth a shot though.