This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Feature Request: indoor cycling - ask distance

I frequently cross train on a spin bike. Unfortunately, the bike isn't capable of relaying any stats to my watch. So, while I can get HR from my watch and cadence from a sensor on my shoe, I don't get a total distance for the ride. Currently I have to remember the distance that the bike estimates for me and edit the record that is uploaded to garmin connect later.

It would be nice if at the end of an indoor cycling activity, when the watch measures 0 distance, I have the opportunity to enter the estimated total distance for inclusion in the FIT file. Perhaps this could work in a manner similar to the way that a swim drill works. Bonus points if the average speed is computed in the resulting activity.

(This would be particularly nice because currently there is a bug in both the connect mobile app and the web app where average speed is not computed if you go back and manually enter distance to a ride that was recorded with 0 distance.)