This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't calibrate compass

Has anyone been able to successfully calibrate their compass? mine is way off and whenever i try the calibration procedure using the Compass widget, it always completes by saying "Retry"

my compass is way off, btw (50-60 deg), relative to my iPhone which i know is close to correct.
  • Has anyone been able to successfully calibrate their compass? mine is way off and whenever i try the calibration procedure using the Compass widget, it always completes by saying "Retry"

my compass is way off, btw (50-60 deg), relative to my iPhone which i know is close to correct.

so, just got off the phone with Garmin Support. after trying multiple methods, a soft reset of the watch (power down and wait 1 minute), i was able to calibrate the compass and its now within 5 deg of my iPhone.

Moderator please feel to delete if you think it's unnecessary to keep this thread.
  • Useful to know but was the "soft reset" actually the "answer" or just coincidence?
  • Useful to know but was the "soft reset" actually the "answer" or just coincidence?

hard to say... before the soft reset, i couldn't calibrate the watch no matter what i tried (on or off wrist, slow vs fast figure rates, flipping watching at midpoint like diagramed vs not flipping). but after the soft reset, the calibration worked.
  • Thanks for the tip,I was about to break my forerunner 745Sweat smileHugging

• o/ I'm glad it is not yet deleted :) Soft reset helped me also, in the case of a forerunner 745.