This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How does the 735XT compare to the 245?

I've had a Forerunner 245 (non-Music) for almost three years.  I've been very happy with the GPS and the apps, but the heart rate measurements haven't been great after about the first year.  It seemed to work perfectly for running, at first, although it sometimes seemed a little low when doing intervals on a stationary bike.  Now, it seems to read fine up to 100 or 110 BPM, but really undercounts the heart rate when going harder.  Yesterday I manually counted my heart rate while spin biking at 158, and the watch was saying 132. 

I don't really need or want a fancier version.  The 735XT seems fairly comparable, and I can't figure out why it's cheaper.  Any explanation of what, if anything, it loses versus the 245?

Is the GPS performance on the 735 good?  That's one thing that REALLY impresses me with the 245.  I have a big handheld GPS that's a bit older (a GPS 76Map) and the watch is WAY, WAY better at staying locked on to the satellites when there are only a few above the horizon.

BTW, my devices are all MacOS or iOS.  I read complaints that Garmin has abandoned Apple users.  Is that correct?