This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bug - Step and calorie counter does not reset but counts on after midnight

BUG: Step and calorie counter does not reset but counts on after midnight (Forerunner 735XT)

BUG Report:
===========
Garmin Product: Forerunner 735XT
SW Version: 9.08 (=latest version)

Date: 2022-12-16

Title: Step and calorie counter does not reset but counts on after midnight
------

Expected behaviour:
-------------------
The step counter counted 9690 steps yesterday. After midnight, I expect the step counter to reset itself to 0 steps and count on from here on, for the next 24 hours.
So I should see ~0 steps when I wake up on the watch face and in the Garmin Connect App after syncing.
In the Garmin Connect App in the "steps" view, the step counter value in the app should always agree with the graph that shows the accumulated steps over the 24h daily interval since midnight.

Observed behaviour:
-------------------
After waking up, the step counter continued to add onto the steps from the day before (i.e. it did not reset to zero). The watch face and the 'My Day' page of the Garmin connect app both show the cumulative totals (Screenshot 1). However, when I select the steps widget (#2), and select 1d (#3), the correct steps are shown. Similar issue with the calorie tracking (#4).

Steps taken to fix:
-------------------

1. Reset the watch by plugging in and holding the power button

2. Checking for software updates and confirming the current version

Other comments:

-------------------

Watch did not die at night, or was knowingly turned off at midnight which was referenced in this thread as a potential cause (https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-945/299352/bug-step-counter-does-not-reset-but-counts-on-after-midnight-forerunner-945-lte-sw-5-07)

• Update: after reaching the step goal, my watch face had corrected itself. It was 12 hours after the initial observation. The my day homepage on the app still shows the cumulative total after syncing.