This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Open Water Swim Training

I have a swim training program I am using but rather than "Pool Swim" I want to do the program in "Open Water". I have written my program in my dashboard but I can only select pool swim to record it in. When I did my session this morning it did not record accurately. The open water area I swim in is 300m so I can't even set a custom size of the "pool" as it only allows me to go to 150m. Is it possible to do my program in the open water and have the intervals I have set be tracked accurately?

• I never tried this, so I don't know if it will work, but instead of a pool swim workout try a "Custom" workout.

• Thanks for this. I have amended my next swim session as a "custom workout". It only gave me "strength" and "other" as program options to do the training session in. I will try "other" and see how it works out. This might be the only workaround we can use. Any chance we could suggest to Garmin developers that open water training be something we can log?