This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 735XT not booting up correctly

Hi, I have a Garmin 735XT that I can not get to show normal screen, after rebooting it shows screen “ SW version 980, system on time …”, i.e. all technical details about the watch., but normal time display, menu, etc. has gone. Anything I can do? Thank you!

• I notice now as well that the watch had a SW update on Monday evening at 9pm according to Garmin Express and it was Tuesday morning that I noticed that normal screens had disappeared and replaced by SW settings information, and none of the buttons acting normally. Reboot then did not work, and no ability to do factory default reset as menus not available. => I am concluding that the SW update was the cause. Is anyone else seeing this type of problem? 

• Hi mate, did you ever get any solutions to this? Mine has just started the same thing today with exactly the same SW version. TIA

• Hi, No, I didn’t - watch just basically died. Bought a new 55 as replacement and then a Fenix 6X as well!

• For me I did fix it repeating to hold for short moments the power button. Differently than one long press. clicking many time for 5-10 seconds gave me a different bip sound and it rebooted. I did identify that the main problem was the button [Direction down] that was broken. After it turned back on I noticed that the screen are passing continuously (changing all the heartrate, daily stats, settings... all the screen in a infinite loop) it drains the battery faster and it annoying.

• For me I did fix it repeating to hold for short moments the power button. Differently than one long press. clicking many time for 5-10 seconds gave me a different bip sound and it rebooted. I did identify that the main problem was the button [Direction down] that was broken. After it turned back on I noticed that the screen are passing continuously (changing all the heartrate, daily stats, settings... all the screen in a infinite loop) it drains the battery faster and it annoying.