This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I ran a 5km as fast as possible today yet garmin has recorded the activity as a 1.0 training effect.. why?

I couldn’t have gone any faster if I tried yet my training effect is very low according to garmin. I’ve seen this numerous times in the past also. Any ideas why or how to stop this?

• Have a close look at your heart rate data. If this is wrong, then all heart rate related metrics will be wrong as well.

• Average heart rate is 180bpm Thinking

• I have the same problem while cycling. Some of my harder, longer trips are giving me a Training load of 1.0 and a recovery time of 0 hours. I have noticed it a couple of times this spring. I have used this watch last two seasons without any such problems. 

I use a 4iiii HR strap, and cant see anything wrong in the data for this trip. Sometimes I can find drops or peaks that are not correct, but I still get normal training loads.

• maybe check you HR max setting and other personal data like weight?

• I noticed heart rate errors recently. My watch is 3 years old. Watch does not record the actual heart rate for the first 10 minutes of my activities, it shows the same heart rate for about 10 minutes and then jumps to correct rate. I compared this with few other accurate heart rate monitors. After 3 years watch is not good? not sure that is case.