This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 735XT different HR-reading on display and in audio prompts

I am using Forerunner 73XT version 9.80.

I have set up an audio prompt telling my HR-value each 3 minutes. However the value in the audio prompt is not equal to the value on the display of the watch - and yes, I have tried both my installed data fields and the default HR-display.

The HR value on the watch can be at 175 while the HR value in the audio prompt often is much lower eg. at 160.

When I look at the charts in Garmin Connect after my run it seems like it is the lower value that gets recorded.

Have any one of you experienced something similar and do any one have an explanation for the reason and even better a solution for getting the value identical and correct?

Currently I do not know which value is the right one - however I think the lower value seems too low so I would expect the high values would be the right (even though it seems to be the low value that gets recorded).

BR,
  Ole

• Hello,

I know your message is rather old, but yes, I too have this issue rather big time on my FR945LTE mainly when doing an interval workout. The audio prompt, slow/fast alert screen, and the actual data screen(s) NEVER MATCH on the front end of each transition. It basically takes at least a minute and sometimes up to a few minutes for all 3 components to "catch up" to one another and begin reporting something close to one another. I don't monitor the HR as closely as pace, but the pace can be off anywhere from 01:00 to nearly 08:00! (Depending on what setting the audio prompt is set to.) Which causes many of the other metrics to be skewed when looking at the data for the entire activity. And as you state, I don't even know which is correct or how the algorithm decides which to record. I'm certainly not a fast runner at all, yet some of my current data is showing speeds far faster than what I feel I'm capable of. And often times my own perception of the pace is much different than what the data showing or what the audio prompt is announcing.

I've been working with Garmin support for nearly a month now with still no resolution. They seem to want more forum links to folks who are having this issue. My thought is that it is a software issue or maybe even how the Daily Suggested Workouts have been programmed. I've come to depend on the audio prompts so that I don't have to look at my watch all the time but because that audio prompt doesn't seem to announce my perception, I started looking at the data screen(s) much closer and was pretty shocked to see the rather large pace difference and the HR difference between the components...shouldn't be happening especially at the price point of these devices. So anyway, was just wondering if your pace audio prompt doesn't match your data screen(s) either.

Thanks,

KW