This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

735xt stops tracking swim after a while

Over the past few weeks my previously reliable 735xt has started dropping GPS connection midway through my outdoor swims... generally after 4.7k (give or take a few 100m)

This occurs at venues where I’ve previously successfully tracked long swims. And on one occasion I had my watch sitting on top of a tow float for the entire swim yet the same problem occurred.

Its about 18 months old, and is up to date software wise. I’m at a loss as to what to do!

• That's odd. I assume nothing in particular happens at the 4.7k mark (stopping, tree cover or cliffs etc.)? I have swum up to 18k (current assist) without issue, but using firmware version 9.40. Maybe there is a bug in the new firmware that limits the distance? Somewhere near that point the watch shifts from yards/meters to miles/km. Maybe a bug when that happens?

• It is indeed odd! There are three different locations  I’ve swam at that on earlier swims tracked accurately over 10k, but now stop after ~4.7k... so it’s not as if there is a particular reason for it.

I’m wondering if it is a bug in the firmware? I can’t recall when the last update was applied.

• If you are at 9.80 2 months ago +/-, but depends on when you may have downloaded it. I have stayed at 9.40 bc the many issues with 9.70. You may want to check which version and see if that can be associated with the timing.

• Yeah I’m on 9.80

Sounds like they haven’t worked out all the bugs from 9.70 just yet

• Since he watch changes from meters to km around that point, try changing the settings to record in km from the start (just in case). Annoying nonetheless.