This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a replacement battery for the actual Forerunner 735xt watch?

I've had my watch since December 2017 and I wear it everyday. I've noticed in the last few months that the battery life isn't what it used to be... I need to charge it every week instead of every two to three weeks. Also, if anything, I've gotten lazier and I record less weekly activities than I used to, so in theory I should not be draining the battery much. Is there a battery replacement for the watch? I can't believe I need to shell out the money to buy a new watch entirely...

• Sorry to hear. No, there isn't a replacement. In the US Garmin will offer you a deeply discounted watch (refurb) or a discount on other models. But once a week isn't bad.

• Having gone through this, Garmin doesn't replace the battery using the RMA. They offer an exchange with a refurb (at least in the US). The refurbs are the guts of a returned unit with a new battery and case. The video is interesting, but replacing the battery is the easy part--resealing it so it is "water proof" again is the problem. I actually brought a Garmin watch to several dive watch repair shops, and all refused the job as they said they could not guaranty the seal. I exchanged an original Garmin Swim that leaked for a refurb, and even that leaked right after the warranty expired, so user caution. My current 735xt refurb is 7 months old, and holding strong. On the other hand, at 3 years old (when the battery is nearing its end anyway), you'd have nothing to lose trying it yourself (perfect if you don't get it wet), and you could always exchange it for a refurb if it fails.