This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS signal suddenly not working:(

Hello everyone!
I’ve been using my Garmin 735xt for about 2 years now, not having any particular problems with it.
Well, today the GPS somewhat cracked and I’m not sure what to do.
Yesterday everything worked fine, GPS signal was found in about 10 seconds after starting an activity, while today it is unable to connect even after few minutes. I decided to start short ride anyway, hoping it’s gonna eventually connect, but during 30min of activity nothing happened and I had “0km ride with avg 0km/h”Upside down
Tried turning it off and on, having reset(the one with holding power button for 15s) and connecting to Garmin Connect but it’s not working Disappointed
Any suggestions?

*I have 9.80 version with 3.30 gps

• Interesting, but I don't think so.  Been seeing these issues for months - ever since at least the last s/w update. and the issue generally occurs right in the middle of a run.  It's not a GPS trace that starts off poor and sorts itself out during a run.

• Just to let you know, I tried your method and it worked for me! Now I get a GPS signal. I couldn’t delete the Apps folder though I removed the rest, including the Garmon xml file. Thanks a bunch! 

• Found a solution after more than an year with this problem!!

My GPS version was showing 0.00 and wouldn't connect. After trying everything in hand, I bought a bike GPS device and was using my watch as a, uhn.... watch... 1 year later I lost my charger cable and got a new one. First time connecting to Garmin Express with the new cable, voilá. GPS updated and connecting like a charm.

Probably some mal function on the cable was preventing the GPS version to be installed. But that's just my guess.

Anyway, for those with this problem, it worth trying a new cable before retiring or replacing your watch.