This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate zone alert gives alert at wrong heart rate

I did a VO2 max test earlier this year, (logically) I ended up with different heart rate zones for biking and running, which I entered into Garmin Connect (both have been synced to my 735XT).

When I go running, I'll have my (running) heart rate zone high alert set to Z2 (let's say at 130BPM). If I go biking sometime after, with a (bike) high alert at Z2 (let's say 140BPM), than I get an alert at 130BPM (running Z2 max). Vice versa: my HRZ can go all the way up to 3.8 when running without an alert. But strangely this also happens when I go pool swimming (no HRZ alerts for swimming), after I again get faulty HRZ alerts.

To temporarily fix this I'll have to go into 'activity settings', change heart rate zone to any other HRZ, and switch back to Z2 again. It stays OK until I change the activity.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bennie

• I also have this issue since buying the watch. Its really annoying to get alerts at the wrong time which i then have to ignore for the whole activity or stop and remove them. (735xt using firmware 9.80). It seemed to get fixed by deleting and setting up new activities. But since my watch registered a new lthr the issue has come back. During the workout the display show the correct hr and zone but the audible alerts and vibration come at the wrong time.

• What about setting a high alert at an actual bpm instead of a zone alert.

• JoeD, thanks for the suggestion. Same issue. When I change activity, it keeps the alert from the last activity. The only way to sort it out is by resetting the hr alerts of the new activity.