This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 735XT SW 9.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile.

Change Log 

• CIQ security fix
  • Resolves USB connection issue with 9.60
  • I noticed yesterday that the battery in my (newly bought) 735 seemed to be drained faster than advertised in the manual.

So, last night I charged it full and even let it sit in the charger for 15-20 minutes more. Then went to run mode, made sure there was a GPS(+Glonass) fix, SMART rec, and started the timer. This morning I checked the watch and it sure was completely drained. The run had stopped at 7h23.

With GPS+Glonass the manual says "Up to 10 hr. in GPS + GLONASS mode and wrist-based". Would this be a 9.70 issue or has it been considered normal for new 735s to miss 25 % of the "up to"-expected battery life, even in room temperature?

• USB connectivity problems again, again and again...

Even 2 daily reboots are not enough.

And everything is up to date.

Is it possible to rollback to version 9.5 ?

• My 735xt fails to start an activity now and only fixes itself after I let it run out of battery life and restart it.  I can't even restart it when it's in this state.  It's happened 3 times now in the last month and I lose about a weeks activities while I wait for it to drain

• Nope, very disappointed with the 735. Going back.

Although the 735 (@9.70) hasn't malfunctioned regarding the functionality, incl. BT connection and HR (HR is spot on compared with 910+miolink), the one single most important thing of its functionality, i.e. distance calculations, is really bad. 6 times out of 8 it has now shown way too low distances, about 15-25 meter / 1000 m too low.

I've been used to the quality of the 305, 310, and currently 910 (still going strong, flawlessly). It seems like Garmin is more eager to fill the watch with more or less unneccessary features instead of first  fixing the core function: distance measurement.

I'm getting used, though, to the difference in the user interface compared with the 910. It's OK.

Next try: the 935!

• Garmin Express Windows just installed SW 9.80 on my 735XT, I still don't know what changed on it from 9.70.

• Same here! Hope it's less of a disaster than the last two software releases... (9.6.0/9.7.0)

• I’ve tried to do the update but it says that there is insufficient space. Has anyone got a fix for this?

• I have GPS problem with this new 9.80. I don't know how to downgrade. DO you have GPS problems?

• No problems at all.

• I have the GPS problem too.  Updated to 9.8 after "issues!" with 9.6 ... my watch was working and now it doesn't get any GPS signal at all.  GPS version in settings -> systyem-> about -> says 0.00 ..... eh ??  can you manually update that with some software "hack" ??