This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

fw 9.60 issues

after fw 9.60 when i con the 735 with garmin express via usb the watch only stay at chagrin mode ! not show on pc or sinc ! when i take the cable off still stay at chagrin mode!

then ony when i force to   shut  down it wake up !

try hard reset the it connect fine for the 1 time ! and then at 2 time have the issue again

• 2) problem step goal stay at 10000 no mater if you set  new goal at GC it stay at 10.000

• I'm having the same problem with feeezing. If I power down the watch, then connect it and let the PC wake up the watch it works, though.

• yes it is very unstable ! many freezing problem

• Hello,

Same issue here with the FW 9.60 on 735XT.

Even a factory reset doesn't solved that.

• Same problem here. Goes into recharging mode by doesn't connect with Express or show up as a drive on computer. So not going into mass storage mode as it should. This on Windows.

When disconnected from computer it remains in charging mode and has to be turned off and on again to work.

It was fine before it updated so it seems a bug has been introduced. 

The explanation of what this update actually does is meaningless to me. There wasn't a beta so was it actually tested?

• It was fine before it updated so it seems a bug has been introduced. 

The explanation of what this update actually does is meaningless to me. There wasn't a beta so was it actually tested?

Yes, it is definitely an new bug on a non tested version; what a shame for an update which doesn't add new features and only fixes overflows ("Address integer overflow and bounds check vulnerabilities").

Fortunately, it is still possible for a PC to detect the watch and start an update (or a downgrade).

I hope that will be fixed quickly!

• Ben, how do you downgrade? I tried placing 9.40 software in the /Garmin folder on the watch, but it doesn't work?

Which software do you downgrade to?

• for me the only solution so far is when the watch is connected  via usb in pc  fore to to close  by pressing the power button! then when it open it connected to pc 

• You are supposed to rename the firmware GCD file to "GUPDATE.gcd" and put in "GARMIN" folder.

But it is not supported and you can brick your watch... :/
    You should maybe wait for an official update.

• Ben: Done that and it didn't work. Maybe they changed something about that too...