This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Faulty Heart rate.

I am having a garmin forerunner 735xt watch. All working absolutely fine. Only thing is that in running after 2-3 kms the HR suddenly shoots up which is highly unrealistic. I was told to update the software to 9.50 but I am not finding any updates online nor any notification from my watch regarding the updates. The watch shows its up to date. Any solution for this faulty Heart rate issue....?

• Moved thread to Sports & Fitness > Running/Multisport > Forerunner 735XT

• It's not a firmware issue. My watch works fine, and I'm running 9.40. Firmware 9.50 is for APAC devices only, AFAIK, and it did not contain any HR-related fixes anyway.

• I am experiencing similar problem. My HR has always recorded a resting rate of 46-47 then for the last three days it has been showing numbers in the high 70’s. does anyone know the cause or have a solution?

• I'm having same problem: heart rate instatntly jumps up to unrealistic values during workout (running) After while it junps back to realistic values. 
    This is my 2nd 735XT with this problem, I'm using a Garmin HRM heart rate band.   

• Hi, I have had problems with super high reading popping up out of nowhere, for minutes or longer before normalizing again. The solution was a new strap, all problems disappeared when I switched strap. First I tried switching the heart rate unit on the strap, that didn’t solve it. My guess is that I didn’t wash / cleaned the strap regularly enough, and that caused the wrong erratic readings I got. So I hope this is the solution for this other users who experience the same problems. Keep on running Runner‍♂️