This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I turn off sleep tracking?

Hi,

Recently, and for no discernible reason, my watch has started logging when I am asleep... but there is a problem... IT IS ENTIRELY MAKING UP THE NUMBERS. 

It assumes I sleep between whenever I take the watch off at night and whenever I first look at the app in the morning. These two times bear little or no relationship to my sleep... for example, I did not get eleven hours last night, I TOOK MY WATCH OFF WHILE WATCHING A FILM. 

So the data is garbage... utterly useless, meaningless and futile.

It is also _new_ which means somebody, somewhere has changed something.

HOW CAN I CHANGE IT BACK?

Disgruntled of Dublin

• Hello ,

My watch started to exhibit the same behavior around December 11th. I'm not wearing it at night and it is totally making up sleep data out of nowhere.

You said sleep file name have "_new_" , could you tell me where to look for it? I tried to search inside the watch storage but i can't seem to find it. Also, is it possible to delete this inaccurate data?

Did you manage to fix the issue since then? The only thing i could try so far is to sync the watch through Garmin Express, perhaps it came from there in the first place. I'll keep you updated if it is.

Cheers.

• Sorry, the “_new_” thing is just showing my age... from a time long ago before proper formatting became available. 

And, no, no solution yet, not even a way to delete the garbage as you can with Fitbit sleep (which is similarly flawed). 

For now, I have removed sleep from my page in the app, which... is fine unless I actually get proper sleep data (which I do from time to time) in which case it’s a bit rubbish. 

• Hello there,

Are you still facing the issue?

I synchronise my watch once a week on Garmin Express to fix GPS lock on that tends to slow down over time... and more recently to fix that sleep tracking issue.

Had no effect until last Tuesday. The watch hasn't made up sleep data for the 2 consecutive days and i hope it will stay the same.

Could you try and give me a feedback?

Cheers.

• Still happening. Disappointed

Still garbage data.