This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Load =0, even after running 21km

Hi,

I have Edge 530, Forerunner 735xt and HRM-Tri.

When i ride my bike, i can see Training Load and Training status updated.

But when i run with 735XT connected with HRM-Tri (i have a lot of metrics like 'vertical ratio' etc.) my Load is always 0 ! (even when i run 6k quite fast, or 21km ! , even when Training Effect is Impacting or Highly Impacting ! ). My VO2Max was updated recently.

What's wrong ?

• Nothing's wrong. The FR735XT does not provide training load.

• Make sure that you have Physio TrueUp enabled for the Edge 530.  It is a setting in Garmin Connect under Devices/Edge 530/General.  It should then update the training load of you sync your Edge after you sync'ed your 735XT. 

At least this is how it worked for me with the 920XT, which is older than the 735XT.

• what a stupidity... now all that stuff is useless to me, as i do at least the same amount of workout with 735XT,

and i need to use other site to measure training load .... (that uses their algorithms on a server, not on device... )

• i don't see Physio TrueUp in my 735xt settings  (it's on for Edge530)

• https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=EjPECQK58qA0xzJ5X74vm7

I have a device that features Physio TrueUp and an older one that is not, will data from the older device still be shared with the newer one?

Information from incompatible devices will still be shared with your Physio TrueUp compatible device.  

• Data will be used from an older non-physio trueup device on the assumption that the old device provides the data. And while the FR735 provides metrics like VO2max or recovery time (and those will be shared to a physio trueup device), it does not provide training load. The edge 530 won't merge training load from the FR735XT simply because the FR735XT does not provide that particular metric.

• Below is an example from my 7-day training load average for my Edge 530 in GC Web.  It shows the training load going up even though I didn't do ride.  The increase is due to running uploaded from my Garmin 920XT, which does not support training load.  I was under the impression that this is done in the back end.  I do notice this only for activities recorded with heart rate on the 920XT.

• You can see training load in edge 530 where is my stats. You will see bars for each days with green and grey colored that are greens parts of bars from edge 530, greys from 735xt. I prefer to see this screen in Garmin Connect App but Garmis is a money lover company :/

Btw training load spec is a algorithm not a hardware part of the devices. If Garmin want to add this spec, they can but as I said they wouldn't 

• and that increase is not because of blue bar on previous day ?

i'll try that then, in a day with big run i had some road riding as well, so i can't isolate it now.

• algorithm - just a few software routines, but, probably due to stupid licencing agreements (with firstbeat), they can't use in on a server side (for everyone - connect app, web etc. and for every device)