This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Altimeter - how to view when doing an activity

Hi,  only just got a 735 and am loving it.  I bought it knowing it had no built in altimeter,  so have downloaded one.

It works pretty well,  but I cannot view it whilst out tracking a run.  I have to stop the activity,  go and look at it,  then restart it.

Is there a way of having the activity track in the background so I can view the altimeter?

Many thanks

Top Replies

All Replies

• The FR735XT does not give you the possibility to run an activity in the background, however if you just want to have a look at the current altitude, then there is no need to use 3rd party IQ apps. Just set one of your data fields to altitude (or I think it's actually called "elevation") and that's it.

• Thanks I've had a look in the data fields and can't find elevation or altitude.  Bit of a newbie to this so not sure if I'm looking in the right place? Is it under activity setting,  data screens?

• I just verified how it works on my watch. Try the following:

1. From the watch face press the start/stop button.

2. Select the "Run" profile.

3. Press down button for "Menu".

4. Select "Activity settings".

5. Select "Data screens".

6. Select the screen you want your elevation field on (for example "Screen 1").

7. Select the field number (for example "Field 1").

8. Select "Elevation Fields".

9. Select "Elevation".

That's it.

• Brilliant,  you're a star.  Thats one area of the menu I hadn't found to explore and its solved the whole problem.  Cheers matey....