This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I record time for each length in a pool swim?

How do I set up pool swim activity so that I can see time for each length after I have swum? It’s easy to set it up for open water but I can’t see how to for a pool swim! Thanks

• Not sure where the issue is. Just record a pool swimming activity, and after you finish you can review time for each length both on the watch (look at the "Last sport" widget or "History") and in Garmin Connect.

• I see where the issue is. Because you can't review each length. Not unless you have set up intervals. Thus far I have not discovered a way to review my swims by length. A competitive swimmer will not likely get the accuracy they are looking for due to the need to stop and start intervals on the watch. Check out FORM goggles. They are amazing. 

• You can view each length after the swim. If you swim continuously, it will be just one interval, where each length will be visible. I agree about not being especially useful for competitive (pool) swimmers. Most use wall clocks and a coach's stop watch.

• I have pool length set at 25m but when I look at my splits it doesn't show what they are for each 25m length, it groups them into 50m or 75m splits. Can't see any setting to affect this. In the running setting I can set the laps to whatever I like and then it shows my run with this lap distance as my split distance.

• Are you sure pool length is set to 25m? Do you swim continuously for each interval or for the whole swim? Is the total distance correct after the interval or swim? Is the time for the recorded intervals correct (if it says 75m, is the time 3x what you'd expect for 25m)? Sometimes if you don't have a rigorous push off, or if you have to slow down or speed up during a length it will register as an extra length, but you would see that in the individual times and total distance.

• Hi. Yes to all. I have resorted to wearing  a SwimTag supplied by the sport centre when I swim. Generally it and Garmin match totals and time but SwimTag gives me length by length breakdown. Sounds like I'll have to live with it!

• Sounds like a neat alternative. However there is no reason with good push offs, steady sped swimming and hitting the pause button at the end of each interval set that you shouldn't get accurate length times. Perhaps try wearing the watch or starting your first pull after turning with the other arm.