This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Nonsense - 4560 Calories Burned for 8833 steps (4.45km) (Garmin Forerunner 735XT)

Should I return my new Garmin 735XT watch?

I tried it out today, having it on all day from when I woke up until now (about to go to bed). I've been sitting around most of the day, but went to the shops at one stage during the day (about 2k steps done there) and went on a run (about 4km) and this brought my total steps up to 8833 so far. However, my calories burned are at 4560 on my Garmin 735XT! That makes no sense. My run only burned about 450 calories, so am I to believe that I have burned an additional 4,000 calories from the 6-8k steps that I did throughout the day?

For some reference - I'm currently 95kg, 183cm tall. I have my activity level set to 3 on garmin connect settings since I am mostly sedentary.

Supposedly the correct calories should be 0.04 calories per 1 step, meaning it should be 353 calories from steps + 450 from my run (and the steps during the run shouldn't be counted into the total, but not sure if garmin does this or not).

I've been doing a lot of reading on the forums - seems a lot of users have the same issue. Is there any actual solution at this point in time, other than to just ignore the calories altogether or just return the watch?