This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I view data fields while paused?

I've had the 735XT for a short while now, and this is the one thing that seems like a really obvious requirement but I can't work it out. My old Forerunner 610 had no problem with this despite being inferior in every other respect.

I have the data screens set up as follows for running

Screen 1: timer, lap pace, average pace, distance

Clock: on

But then, when I pause my Garmin, all I get is "Resume" and the timer. There's no way to see the clock (time of day), or the pace so far, or the distance we've done. Surely this is obvious stuff to want to see while taking a breather or waiting to cross the road, etc. The watch lets me browse all sorts of menus, do all kinds of stuff like change my bluetooth settings (!) but not simply see how far I've run up to that point. This makes it hard to plan the rest of the run, and is particularly a problem when run-leading.

Am I missing something obvious. Can anyone help?

• Okay, stand down. A guy on the Garmin Support chat facility answered my question pretty quickly. Sorry, I should have tried there first. Turns out the "back/lap" button (bottom right) toggles between data screen and menu options when paused. Just what I needed!