This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heartrate Icon flashing

Hey Guys,

i recently purchased the forerunner and i wanted to ask if its normal that the heart-rate icon is flashing or should it be steady? As I understood its only flashing when it picks up the heart rate after the heart-rate is locked it should be steady correct? It should only flashing if I put the watch off and on again or does it needs to lock the heart- rate periodically? One thing I observed if I stayed on the activities page the heart-rate was steady the whole time, only if i stay a long time on the watch face and switch back I observe the blinking...

Because when I switch from the watch face to the activities most of the times the heart-rate icon is flashing, does that mean there is something wrong with the optical sensor or is this normal behaviour like "reading" the heart-rate? 

I wanted to know your experience and right now i would have the chance to replace the watch Slight smile

Thank you very much
BR