This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Custom Workouts - 735XT

Hello everyone!

New to the forum and Garmin Watches in general.

I am trying to create a custom Stairs Workout I conduct on twice a week but unfortunately running into trouble. The workout (a shortened version) consists of;

Warm Up: Relaxed Jog
Sprint: Double steps up stairs / jog down
10 Pushups
10 Situps
Rest
Sprint: Single steps up stairs / jog down
10 pushups
10 situps

I tried to build this in the Garmin Connect (website) but it says this workout is not compatible with my Forerunner 735xt. Is it possible to build such a workout?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
  • Unfortunately, the 735XT is not compatible with strength workouts. Your only option is to create a custom workout with manually edited notes for every step hinting at what this step should be.
  • Thank you tmk2, appreciate your quick response!
  • Hi all,

I'm also struggeling with this issue. In fact, the watch allows to create Strength, Cardio, Other and more types of activities. Once you've activated one, you can navigate inside and in Training -> My Training Sessions it displays a message to "Download training sessions via Garmin Connect". If these activities are not compatible with the 735xt, what is the point in having them available? Is it that hard to add support for custom workouts under these categories? I find the GC editor quite interesting and advanced and I cannot use use it if it is not running and cycling. Any suggestions?

Best regards
  • If these activities are not compatible with the 735xt, what is the point in having them available? Is it that hard to add support for custom workouts under these categories?

On the FR735XT you can use workouts in "Strength" mode, but they have to be defined as "Custom" in Garmin Connect workout builder. Workouts of type "Strength" are not compatible with the FR735XT. If you ask why, then the answer is that strength workouts were introduced into Garmin Connect long after the release of the 735XT.
  • Hi again,

I've found that creating customized workouts you can create the training and send it to the watch. Then, upon selecting the activity (strengh, cardio etc) you can choose these workouts within the profile. The only thing is that it adds a fixed data screen with steps and step lenght at the beginning but you can access those you've configured previously for the profile.

tmk2 thanks for the answer. I've just read it while posting my workaround.

The idea I have is to being able to categorize different types of training, at least for historical and recording purposes. Now I can achieve this.

Good training
  • WOW... Just spend a few hours on a schedule and they cant even let me upload it :@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next clock won't be a garmin, that's for sure