This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dead screen after one year of using Garmin 735xt

I've been using Garmin 735xt for one year.
A few days ago, just after a pool swim, the screen on my watches crashed. Watches were reacting on keys pressing, screen backlight worked as well. But the screen was showing only strange artifacts and stripes. I rebooted the watch and the problem has been solved.

Today in the morning I found my watches having the same issue. But rebooting doesn't help anymore. Yesterday evening, when I put them off, they were working just fine.

Is it a software issue or mechanical failure?
Or maybe the water could get into the watches and cause such effect.
It's a pity, that in a week I'm going to do my first full Ironman, and I was counting on the watches.

• I have the same problem with my Garmin 735xt and I call garmin support team and I haven't any replay till now . 

• You mus call the support. They will change the garmin for free. 

• I wrote in via the online webform. Took them a long time to reply, however ended up asking me to send the Garmin back to an address in Sydney, and they sent a replacement. 

• I had the same issue. Likely some water that made its way into the watch through the buttons while I was washing it under running water. I left it for 2 days in a box of rice, then fully charged it and the screen came back to life. It runs like a charm now. If this trick does not work for you, Garmin support (US) confirmed to me on the phone that it is not repairable. If not under warranty anymore, they can provide a refurbished model for a fraction of the price (I think 150$ca). Otherwise they have an upgrade program: send your damaged watch to them and get 20% off a newer model. They even can send the new watch first and then you have 15 days to send the old one (you pay for a deposit upfront that is refunded once they receive the old watch). I will definitely go that way when my watch really dies; to me, it makes an upgrade to the FR945 much more attractive and affordable.

• I have the same problem and Garmin UK replaced me a new one. Many Thank  to garmin support team.

• Many Thanks for Garmin Support Team For resolve that issue.

• I had the exact same issue a week ago after 1 hour of pool swim and now awaiting a replacement (US). I contacted Garmin support US via their website (Garmin Support) and requested an exchange with a refurbished watch. All free of charge. I have had it for 4 years so I am kind of excited to get a "new" one. Hopefully, no issue this time.

• I'm having the same issue, i have had it for 3 years from Garmin France.

I contacted them and they said that it's no longer under warranty. I'm trying with them ! I'm really disappointed of Garmin ! I was really satisfied untill now.

Any suggestions please ?

• Hey, I am sorry for your trouble and I can hear your frustration. It seems like the warranty policy varies locally? Maybe you can try fixing it yourself or find a local electronic repair shop. There are some videos on YouTube showing how to dis- and re-assemble the unit. Good luck mate. 

• même soucis après la reprise de natation.... Que faire?? reprise par Garmin pour une nouvelle montre?