This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

locked at charging screen

My forerunner 735XT is locked n the charging screen and do not allow to switch off, of enter into any other screen since some hours. It happened after I took it out from charging. If I press the swith off button I just get the extra bright.

Any solution on how to unlock it? it can take days to uncharge.....

I tried by swithcing in again but it did not work and yes, it is charging if is switch in again
    • I have the exact same issue  every single time i charge. Have to then switch ot right off otherwise it still shows the charging screen, and usually have to put it into run mode and get a gps fix to get it back on correct time. Really annoying.
  • I've had a run of success lately with this issue. I power down the watch (not to the point that it does a hard reset, though) and then attach the charging lead to the watch, before plugging the other end of the lead into my iPhone charger. This wakes the watch immediately, it vibrates and displays the message "Charging". Once at 100%, I simply unplug the lead from the charger and the watch is ready to go. No loss of time or data. Has worked for me three or four times now. Seems that plugging the watch into a USB socket on the computer was what it didn't like.

• Worked perfectly thanks!

• You don't need to switch it off if you want to charge with your phone's charger. Only if you want to use the PC. Meanwhile I avoid charging with the PC although I have to use Garmin Express every few months for syncing my activities. With Garmin Connect Mobile they all stay on the watch until I get the message with low memory. After syncing with GE everything is fine again.