This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

735xt Continually Vibrating

Howdy, I've got a 735xt that started vibrating continually last night when I was asleep.

Specs and facts.
I installed 7.10 sometime last week.
No input occurred before the watch started vibrating.
Battery was at roughly 60%.

In a middle-of-the-night rush, here's roughly what I did.
0. Watch starts vibrating continuously. Just buzzing away. Nothing strange on the display. Was actively paired with my phone.
1. Hit some buttons. Display changes accordingly, vibrating continued.
2. Do a "soft" turn off by holding the power button and selecting yes for "Turn Power Off". The watch turned off, the vibrating continued.
3. Fine, turn it back on. Watch turned back on, vibrating continued.
4. Do a "hard" turn off by holding the power button for ~15 seconds. Finally! Vibrating stops! Also watch turns off.
5. Now I'm slightly more awake and curious to troubleshoot, turn the watch back on. Vibrating starts up again.
6. Repeat steps 1 - 4 to same effect as before.
7. Now that it's off and the vibrating has stopped, I give up for the night, take it off and put it aside, back to bed.

After ~6 hours turned off, I pick it back up.
8. Turn it on. It works, kind of. It's not vibrating, but the display isn't behaving correctly when I hit different buttons. Semi-unresponsive. I hit the up arrow and it goes to the first widget and then kind of freezes for a second, will not advance upward or downward, then will advance downward back to main screen. Also is displaying the time from when I turned it off.
9. Do a "hard" turn off. Guess it worked last night, let's try it again.
10. Turn it back on, same behavior as 8.
11. With no additional input, watch starts vibrating again.
12. Pull out the manual, flip through the troubleshooting pages, take a stab in the dark and do a reset of user data.
13. Re-enter all my info, display is responsive, things working as expected, time is now correct.
14. Turn on Bluetooth, re-pair with my phone. Start syncing with Garmin Connect (Android)
15. After a long sync process, watch starts to vibrate again. Yep, knew it, that would've been too easy.
16. Do a "hard" turn off. Vibrating stops. While the watch is off, turn off Bluetooth on my phone.
17. Turn the watch back on. No vibrating. Turn off Bluetooth on the watch as well.

It's been several hours since and the watch hasn't started vibrating outside of normal behavior. I haven't attempted to turn Bluetooth back on yet.
I've got it charging from a laptop and made sure it was up to date through Garmin Express, which it was. Maybe there was some little Strava update, but the main software was up to date.

Some other behavior I've been noticing lately that may or may not be related and that I haven't kept good tabs on.

- Music Control hasn't worked in awhile, haven't dug too deeply into debugging. Not sure when that started but it was awhile ago, and at first I thought it was user error, but I've tried toggling some controls and ensuring connectivity and it still doesn't work.
- Notifications have become less consistent lately. I get a text and I may or may not get a notification on the watch. Again, something I haven't dug into a whole lot.
  • same problem tonight.  Just turned it off after full factory reset.  hoping for the best.

• I know that this report is old now but my 735XT just started the same behavior. Interestingly it too had just got wet (heavy rain). Tried switching off and then attempted to dry out overnight in rice (works for phones sometimes). This morning watch was completely dead (battery dead I imagine) connected it to charge and it immediately started vibrating again. 

Any definitive solutions found to this problem. I suspect it’s a water ingress problem, but don’t have much evidence. Getting pretty fed up with Garmin gear to be honest - love the watch but it’s not reliable. Have had loads of problems with the HRM function

Maybe time to look elsewhere

• Update - much messing around and somehow the system went into a self test mode. After this the watch was restarted - showing wrong time and date but no motor vibration. All data lost on the watch but resynched with Garmin Express 

Fingers crossed but all seems good for the moment

• Same my watch is only a few months old but I was swimming in my pool and it just started buzzing and it won’t stop I’m hoping I can send it back and get a new one

• If you connect with the ConnectIQ app it should ask you to install the software if not then there is no new update 

• Another update - watch stayed quiet for an hour then started beeping randomly and powering off by itself. The beeping stopped once I set key tones off; indicating to me that the problem was shorting out of the buttons. Random behavior/shutdowns continued. 

contacted Garmin and hoping for some help.