This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stuck on Diagnostic Screen

My 735xt is somehow stuck in diagnostic mode and I cannot figure out any combination of buttons to get it out of this mode. I have rebooted several times and tried to connect it to the computer to access any bad files, but have been unlucky with all my attempts.

Is there a sequence of buttons I can press to get it of this mode? At this moment, the watch is completely unusable.

• Umm - that does sound a possible theory.
    When it is in that mode, does the down arrow do anything and does the button feel "sticky" at all?

The down arrow does not do anything in diagnostic mode and also does not feel "sticky". No beep .. nothing.
  • Just to close out this thread, the solution to this was to return the watch to REI for a new one. REI - true to their one-year purchase protection and never a pain to deal with about product issues. I believe the problem was the 'down' button (bottom-left) was stuck or inoperable.
  • Good to know and hope this one works better.
  • I got into this screen one time (don't know how happened, and it wasn't a 735 - a va-hr), and IIRC, what you have to do is go through all the screens, and on the last screen it allowed you to get out of diagnostic mode. And if you didn't do that on the last page, it would keep booting up in diagnostic mode, but once you did this, it booted normally.
  • I have a FR735XT. Unfortunately by pressing some buttons my watch went into "test mode", but I can not exit the Test mode again. I reviewed all the forums and I did all possible resets. And I think the "down button does not work. Any ideas.
    Unfortunately Garmin support didn’t answer at all.
  • Did you call them or just send an email? If the latter give them a call ...
  • can you turn it off? If so, did you do a master reset (it involves powering on holding the 2 right hand buttons)

CW
  • I had the same thing with my 735XT... It started one night where it had somehow managed to start an activity and then it would just beep every two seconds as it was starting a new lap. Then one day I found it in test mode. Navigating through the screens everything worked except for the down arrow.
    I managed to get it to boot back to normal but a few hours later the screen would flicker and it would start navigating through screens itself.

The watch was 1 year and 1 month old (yep just out of warranty)... so I had to fork out about 30% of the watches value to get a refurbed unit from Garmin (cant really be new as it does not come in a box just and envilope). When they gave me the quote I asked if I could somehow upgrade (935XT) and they said the price was only like for like. Now this 735XT that I have has a 90Day warranty...

Hope the watch lasts longer this time...