This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stuck on Diagnostic Screen

My 735xt is somehow stuck in diagnostic mode and I cannot figure out any combination of buttons to get it out of this mode. I have rebooted several times and tried to connect it to the computer to access any bad files, but have been unlucky with all my attempts.

Is there a sequence of buttons I can press to get it of this mode? At this moment, the watch is completely unusable.

• Have you tried a hard reset? Press and hold power for 15 seconds. See if that does it

CW
  • Have you tried a hard reset? Press and hold power for 15 seconds. See if that does it

CW

Yeah, I tried that about 20 times ... no luck.
  • Google how to get into the diagnostic screen and do the procedure again? IF not, try a master reset

CW
  • I did the Google machine search prior to posting here. Could not find any hot-key combinations for the 735xt to get out of diagnostic mode.
  • Master reset then.

Hold down the 2 right hand buttons
    press and hold the power button
    on the first beep release the top right button
    on the second beep release the other buttons

note this will totally erase the watch back to factory settings, but it might work!

CW
  • Master reset then.

Hold down the 2 right hand buttons
    press and hold the power button
    on the first beep release the top right button
    on the second beep release the other buttons

note this will totally erase the watch back to factory settings, but it might work!

CW

No dice. I get the beeps in that sequence but it still boots into the diagnostic screen.
  • I'm out of ideas. I think you'll have to call support

CW
  • If you take the watch off the charger does the Charge State revert to "Disabled"?

"Normally" if the watch is powered off and off the charger then you can get to this state by holding down the down button whilst powering on.
    To get out of it, first hold down the power button for about two seconds and the system time counter should stop going up. It should then power off a few seconds later.
    Then power on again and should be back to normal.

Well that is what I just did.
  • If you take the watch off the charger does the Charge State revert to "Disabled"?

"Normally" if the watch is powered off and off the charger then you can get to this state by holding down the down button whilst powering on.
    To get out of it, first hold down the power button for about two seconds and the system time counter should stop going up. It should then power off a few seconds later.
    Then power on again and should be back to normal.

Well that is what I just did.

I went through those steps. Yes, charge state does show 'Disabled' when not on the charger. It did power down and the counter stopped after 2-seconds of the power button, but when I power it back on, it goes right back to the diagnostic screen. Perhaps the watch "thinks" the down button is pressed when powered on (sudden defect)?
  • Umm - that does sound a possible theory.
    When it is in that mode, does the down arrow do anything and does the button feel "sticky" at all?