This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

custom pool length why is there a minimum length?

I noticed today that the minimum pool length you can set is 17 meters.
This means I can't use it in the hotel pool (which is 10 meters).

Is there a specific reason the minimum pool length has to be minimally 17 meters, or could you provide an update to the firmware so shorter lengths can be set up?
  • How about folks not explain how we are supposed to swim and just tell me how laps my watch is supposed to count.  I get plenty strokes in every lap, and garmin is supposed to be for old folks like me too, not just Olympians, (i.e no I dont glide 5 meters, I dont glide at all).. I *** stroke breathing ever stroke.  I just need something to count laps.  Currently I set it to 25 meters and divide by three when i am done.  ridiculous, considering I have a computer on my wrist.

• To correct the pool length after a swim session in a short swimming pool, I use this tool to correct data.
    http://www.swimmingwatchtools.com/index
    download the fit file from your 735xt, pass it through the tool with the appropriate pool length, upload manually in Garmin Connect.
    All datas and algorythms have been updated with correct values !! Slight smile