This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovery Advisor - Recovery Time of 0 hours

I've been getting this weird result after my runs lately where the watch says my recovery time is 0 hours. This after a moderate interval workout. Am I not calibrated correctly or something? Seems to be really flaky all of a sudden.
  • Is Recovery Advisor actually on? Check the Status in My Stats, Recovery Advisor.

Failing that have you actually a HR trace in your recent runs and does it look "normal" for the type of runs you are doing?

Also are you getting a training effort score for these runs? If so, what is it?
  • training effect = 1

everything else looks normal

i would expect it would be around 3.5 training effect based on previous runs
  • Well training effect of 1.0 explains why you got zero recovery. Now to find out why you got 1.0 training effect.

Can you post the GC link to your run.

What are you using to get heart rate? Optical HR from the watch, a Garmin strap or something else?
  • im using the stryd pioneer chest strap.
  • That's probably the reason then. It seems some non Garmin straps don't do heart rate variability very well which is needed for the calculations and this maybe one of them. You are probably best to ask Stryd about this though.

Switching to a Garmin strap or using the optical HR should get back these metrics.
  • I just had the same problem with a Viiiiva HR strap; pretty much exactly the same symptoms (1.0 training effect, 0 hours recovery time). I've had multiple successful runs with the strap before, though, so it's not incompatible. E.g., last week I had a very similar run with exactly the same setup (735XT + Viiiiva HR strap + Stryd footpod) and it showed training effect 3.6.

However, I noticed that I lost contact with the HR strap ~20 seconds during the run, so there's some data missing in the middle. (The rest looks perfectly normal.) Could that be a possible reason?