This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

longer wrist strap available?

the wriststrap supplied with the 735 is pretty short, so either the watch or the closure are centered to the wrist, but not both, which is pretty inconvinient. It should be ~15mm longer (for the shorter part) to fit.
Is there any longer replacement for the wrist strap available? I checked a Polar 400 from my son and they solved is significantly better!
  • Hmmm..

I may give it a try, but I doubt is as convenient as a "plain" wriststrap. What makes me a bit angry is, that Garmin saves only a few cent - which results in some problems for the customers.
    And, btw, they show up are bad businessmen. If they would sell it as replacement units, they could generate some aditional orders and show that they are familiar their customers needs.
    But, perhaps, someone other will see a chance here.
  • Have you had a Garmin watch that has fitted before? On a quick check of devices in my "box" and the strap looks similar length on all of them.
  • Tim, I had a 235 for one week before changing to 735 for the better feature set (and for the watch, I do not regret! It's worth the extra money!), but my critics on the wriststrap are not affected by this :p - even worse if this is valid for at least two models.
    And, it's not that I want anything for free, I would appreciate the possibility to buy a better matching wriststrap. So, towards Garmin: offer some and generate opportunities for you!
  • Have asked Garmin if they have any suggestions (other than the one you have seen).
  • While I can imagine it is annoying for a number of users I'm personally quite happy that the wrist strap isn't larger as the end/tip is already pretty close to my watchface now.

Anyway, guess it's hard (read impossible) to make everybody happy. Pleasing one end of the spectrum would displease users on the other hand. But differently sized accessories (or as TomTom does it, 2 versions of the watch... One for larger wrists and one for smaller) would be nice of course.
  • Have asked Garmin if they have any suggestions (other than the one you have seen).

Yes, but got no answer till now. I'm checking for a solution similar to the posted version as I really like the handling of the silicon wriststrap, and on ebay I've seen something that could match.
    Will keep you updated when I have a solution.
    Meanwhile - I'm waiting :)

@Flipstone - full acc, thats why I ask for a modified replacement unit. Esp. if it goes for personal sizes, it's really impossible. Thats why I was a little upset, that there was/is (till now) nothing from Garmin itself - they know this!
  • Have you looked around for a longer band from someplace other than Garmin? The part where it mounts to the watch (if it's like the 230) is 16mm, and maybe on someplace like Amazon you can find a longer band that's either 16mm or made to easily fit the 16mm gaps.

Seems you're looking on ebay, so you probably will find something..
  • I've looked aroud and maybe theer are some textile straps suitable.

One additional qustion: does a strap for a 920 match to the 735 from the mounts? In this case, there may be a "velcro-based") solution.
  • I know this is an old post, but my wife has the exact opposite problem. The band of her 235 wraps around to the point where the strap is close to her watch face. While attaching two straps together is a solution for those that have bigger wrists, is there any solution (alternate band) for those that have smaller wrists.