This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Viewing your stress score

Page 7 of OM discusses how to check a stress score, which I am assuming is a heart rate variability score. It involves first pairing with a HRM, which I have done (HRM-Run model). After putting on your strap, you select Apps>Stress Score>Measure and stand for 3 minutes. I cannot find this screen anywhere on my 735XT! I cannot even find a selection called Apps. Can someone tell me how to find it? I have also searched for an app called Stress Score in the Connect IQ store and there is none with that name.
Thank you!
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    i have the stress score test on my watch but have never actually tried it.

press the upper right button, then up. in the list of activity types select IQ Apps. upper right button again (starting an activity) and there is the stress score.
  • Well I finally stumbled onto the Stress Score and it is as described by AndThenThereWasRun. The OM would have been more helpful if they had mentioned it was in the Activity section, as I was looking in Menu. So it can be found this way:
    Activity>Apps (which changes to IQ Apps when you scroll there)>Stress Score.

This is not the same as the Strava Suffer Score, which is related to a particular activities' performance. The Stress Score measures overall stress level and I believe athletes use it to determine if they have recovered well and how hard they should push their next workout.

Clearly buying the new watch stressed me out totally because my stress score was way too high this am!
  • It would also be really helpful if this reading was stored somewhere and transferred to GC in the same manner V02 is stored.
    Whilst I'm on this topic - also would be good if Performance Condition measurements could be stored too.... One could then go through and see how quickly one deteriorates!
  • stress score tracking on GC

It would also be really helpful if this reading was stored somewhere and transferred to GC in the same manner V02 is stored.
    Whilst I'm on this topic - also would be good if Performance Condition measurements could be stored too.... One could then go through and see how quickly one deteriorates!

I would also like to see the stress score sync with GC. then i can track stress (overreaching/under recovery.)

Stress Test: Is there any way on garmin connect to track stress testing

I love this feature. 3 minutes in the morning shows me if my recovery from previous workouts was sufficient.

So far the fr735xt has been “bang on accurate” in using my heart rate variability and giving me a score…which enables me to hit it hard or pull back a bit as required. Generally feeling stronger and fresher by paying attention to it.

Question though: Is there any way on garmin connect to track stress testing or am i stuck with using pencil and paper and jotting it down in a notebook?
  • Stress score in GC

There's a screen in GC at More > Performance Stats > HRV Stress which looks like it should display this data. Mine says 'No data available'. Is this something Garmin will enable in a future update?
  • I would also like to see the stress score sync with GC. then i can track stress (overreaching/under recovery.)

Technically speaking, you don't need (the data to be uploaded to Garmin Connect) for that. The manual alternative you described is fit for purpose as far as tracking goes. :) You could even use (manual entry into) a spreadsheet application to take advantage of its charting features, for example.

Stress Test: Is there any way on garmin connect to track stress testing

No.

There's a screen in GC at More > Performance Stats > HRV Stress which looks like it should display this data. Mine says 'No data available'.

See https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?372442-HRV-Stress-Score

Is this something Garmin will enable in a future update?

Unlikely, so don't hold your breath (and put your Stress Scores out). :p
  • It would also be really helpful if this reading was stored somewhere and transferred to GC in the same manner V02 is stored.

They are stored with activities recorded on the new 935 if you use the necessary sensors. So for running - HRM & GPS pace and for cycling - Power meter and HRM.
  • Bit late but was searching for same thing... I found APPS on 735 xt. It not in main settings. Rather go to top right button in watch (where you select activity type) keep going up through run, bike etc and you will get to Apps.