This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spontaneous reboot of 735XT

since the software update to 3.10, I noticed spontaneous reboots of my 735XT. With this reboot, the HR history and step count from a couple of hours is lost. Yesterday, I did a 18 km run, the watch rebooted approx 2 hours after the run. My step count was then reported with 3600 steps. The watch widget with the HR history over the past 4 hours was reset; no previous data shown.

This morning, the same happened during breakfast. My watch was turned on about 1 hour before.

The reboot is indicated with a short beep. The Garmin logo is shown for 2-3 secs, followed by the time, i.e. Back to normal operations.

Has anyone else seen this?
  • Same here, no issues, runs fine on 3.1.
  • Yes, I'm seeing what seems to be exactly the same issue. Can't be sure it was the 3.10 update that did it as I've only had the watch for a week and it applied 3.10 pretty much immediately. I've had the reboots happen two or three times so far, so there's perhaps a day or two between occurrences.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    We are sorry to see that the Forerunner 735XT is randomly rebooting for some users. This is something that we will want to continue to investigate. If you are experiencing this issue, please update the device software to the new version that came out today (3.20), and report back if the device is still rebooting. The change log for the update can be found in the Sticky at the top of Forerunner 735XT forum.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?352088-Software-Version-3-20-Now-Avaliable!
  • Software update 3.20 seems to have resolved the issue

I now have been using the 735XT two days with the software level 3.20. I had no spontaneous reboot with this software level. With 3.10 this happened multiple times a day.

Therefore, I assume the issue is resolved in upgrading from software release 3.10 to 3.20
  • Bought it yesterday and the reboot happened several times with 2.20. Then updated to 3.20 and happened as well several times. Now it happens when navigating down from the HR widget to the Weather one.

Should I consider it as a defective unit or firmware bug?
  • I did some tests and it's only happening when entering the Weather widget (firmware version 3.20).

Anyone experiencing same issue?
  • The weather widget seemed to have been a common theme for people with the same problem on the 235 thread.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    I did some tests and it's only happening when entering the Weather widget (firmware version 3.20).

Anyone experiencing same issue?

We are sorry to see that you are experiencing the device rebooting when you access the Weather Widget. We have tested this using both iPhone and Android, and are not able to recreate at this time. This is something that we will want to continue to investigate. Have you tried disabling then re-enabling the widget, or a hard reset of the device by pressing and holding the power button until the unit shuts off?
  • We are sorry to see that you are experiencing the device rebooting when you access the Weather Widget. We have tested this using both iPhone and Android, and are not able to recreate at this time. This is something that we will want to continue to investigate. Have you tried disabling then re-enabling the widget, or a hard reset of the device by pressing and holding the power button until the unit shuts off?

Just tried and still rebooting.

Also tried to restore device and reinstall iOS app (removing Bluetooth connections as well). After some time loading weather data in the widget view the device restarts again. Maybe weather response for my location is different/defective?