This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does the Forerunner 645 Music have a pulse oximeter?

Simple question: Does the Forerunner 645 Music have a pulse oximeter? And if so, where can I view blood oxygen saturation?

Thanks.

Top Replies

All Replies

• What about breathing rate. 

How accurate is it with Temperature sensor. And its for body temp or for immediate environment temperature.

• What about breathing rate. 

Doesn't have it either.

How accurate is it with Temperature sensor. And its for body temp or for immediate environment temperature.

The built-in sensor measures temperature inside the watch, so if you wear the watch on your wrist, then the indicated temperature will be somewhere between your body temperature and ambient temperature.

• Yes.

FR645M is on the list of devices compatible with Advanced Sleep Monitoring. Pulse Oxymeter does not measure by default, the setting mentioned in the 'help' function is wrong (android app Connect, device, Fitness Tracker, [x]Oxymeter.

Detected the setting by coincidence. -> My Day -> tap on 'sleep' -> 'three dot menu' in upper right edge -> Help -> tap on Pulseoximeter -> scroll down to the blue line 'Pulseoximeter Settings', tap on it. Now a menu opens, where you can choose  'whole day measuring' and 'sleep measuring' - sorry this is translation from German watch, Android phone.

The wrong description is directly above the blue line 'Pulseoximeter Settings', ROFL.

Hth, w.

• The Forerunner 645 does not have a pulse oximeter, which was introduced on the newer 245 and 945. The options you mention do not exist in the latest Android version of Garmin Connect. (Edit: You may see references to pulse ox if you have registered another device.)

See here: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=mBRMf4ks7XAQ03qtsbI8J6

What is advanced sleep monitoring?

Advanced Sleep Monitoring (ASM) is a feature found on newer Garmin watches that feature an optical heart rate sensor.

Pulse Ox1

Pulse Oximetry (or, Pulse Ox for short), is a non-invasive method used to measure the saturation of oxygen in the bloodstream.  Refer to your Owner's Manual to determine if your watch has this feature during sleep.

• @Roedema

Yes you're right and I am wrong. Sorry for my misunderstanding. 

I have set p.o. 'on' and nothing is measured when using FR645M. The menu entry for pulse oximeter only shows up because I use a VA4 (which has these functions) on the same Garmin Connect account.