This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All Day Stress

Hello,

Since ~December 2019, my all day stress readings from my 645M have been much higher than they were in the past.  To give you an example of the average readings over time:

Feb/19: 20

Mar/19: 20

Apr/19: 20

May/19: 18

Jun/19: 20

Jul/19: 19

Aug/19: 17

Sept/19: 18

Oct/19: 20

Nov/19: 20

Dec/19: 28

Jan/20: 30

Feb/20: 28

Mar/20:  30

As you can see, stress generally varied between 17-20 for most months, then all of the sudden there was a huge bump up in the average stress reading starting in December.  Has anyone else noticed this? Was there some sort of firmware change that happened during this time?  I have tried a soft reset and a hard reset in the last month, with no real effect.   I am feeling the same, health-wise so i don't really believe that anything with my HRV suddenly changed.   Is there anything that can be done to investigate this?  

Thanks

• Same here. I noticed the same bump up after fw update 6.36 and 6.40 early or mid Nov 19.

• Yep, same here...

Apr/19: 20

May/19: 21

Jun/19: 21

Jul/19: 17

Aug/19: 18

Sep/19: 18

Oct/19: 19

Nov/19: 22

Dec/19: 29

Jan/20: 28

Feb/20: 29

Mar/20: 28

• Wow this is great feedback thank you. It would be great to hear from Garmin and/or others to figure out why the change and if there is any way to “fix”. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, has anyone noticed an increase in the average heart rate during runs during these last 4 months?  I was off running since November dealing with an injury but started up again about a month ago. Runs I was previously doing in Sept at 140bpm average at 9 minute miles, now I have to slow down to about 10 minute miles to keep the same HR. Sure it could be that I’m in worse shape now after a long layoff but to lose a minute per mile seems extreme when all my other health metrics are essentially the same. If the HRV measurements are “off” maybe the actual HR measurements may be too?

• I always use a HRM strap during workouts and I haven’t notice anything strange. But the raise in the stress data has been bugging me. Glad I’m not the only one... “I thought it was me...”

• Agreed it was stressing me out, which is kind of defeating the purpose! I wonder how many people this has affected?