This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Overnight battery drains

Countless times I have woken up with my watch's battery completely flat. This is a 450€ watch (FR645M) and we all know that draining a battery to 0% is very detrimental to it. Now, I am not the one choosing to end up in this situation due to negligence and not charging the watch when needed: instead, Garmin has been time and again unable to provide software that behaves properly. In other words, if my 450€  watch deteriorates too fast, it is Garmin's fault, not mine.

Garmin, do get your act together, do fix your watches, and do make commercial gestures for those affected by bugs that should only be found in beta-version products.

• You get a warning when battery is at 10%, so time to charge the watch! If you go to sleep with 10% or more, normally the battery won’t reach 0% during sleep. I have used the watch for almost 2 years now, but almost never my battery was at 0%. I treat my watch the same way as my smartphone.

• I appreciate your response. My watch is pretty much always above 50%, as I charge it pretty much after all of my runs. When my watch reaches 0% overnight, it was always well above 50% before going to sleep. It looks like a bad software bug. I've reached out to customer service and I'll see what they can do.

• 50% battery drain overnight is indeed far from normal. I assume you tried a factory reset and just only using the standard watchfaces, widgets, apps and data fields already?