This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Run mode for FR645

Hello,

I would like to ask if there are any plans to add Virtual Run mode for FR645?

Since it has been added to the lower range (245) I would expect it on FR645 as well. I can't downgrade to 245 because I'm using Garmin Pay and I prefer barometric altimeter and on the other hand I don't need 945, because I have Edge 530 for cycling.

Thanks!

• Developer from Garmin said 645 will not be supported.

• You may want to check to see if they even sell them any longer.  I think you can BUY them...they just will not be supported by Garmin.

I have a Vivoactive HR and my footpod stopped working and I only purchased it about a year ago.  When I contacted Garmin about it, the Rep told me they no longer sell them.  What's strange is that I decided to upgrade my Vivo to a FR645M and the (online User Manual talks about using a footpod.  So...I',m confused whether they no longer will support them (they DO support the bike speed and cadence sensors) because of the older technology used.  At least, that's what I understood after many conversations from the Garmin contact.

My advice would be to reach out and find out if they still support them before planking down some cash.  Good luck!