This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Run mode for FR645

Hello,

I would like to ask if there are any plans to add Virtual Run mode for FR645?

Since it has been added to the lower range (245) I would expect it on FR645 as well. I can't downgrade to 245 because I'm using Garmin Pay and I prefer barometric altimeter and on the other hand I don't need 945, because I have Edge 530 for cycling.

Thanks!

• maybe anyone from garmin can answer , it will be Virtual run on the fr645M i dont know i just buy him and i think to give back and take 245.

• Out of interest, how would you like to use virtual run? As I understand it allows you to transmit heart, cadence and pace info to a compatible app. The 645, however, already allows to to transmit hear rate and pace and cadence would presumably be available from the treadmill anyway or if not from a chest strap or foot pod (and better quality)... So what would Virtual Run give you? 

• I personally would like to run on Zwift without the need for any other sensor (footpod, HR chest strap).

For more details see https://zwift.com/eu/run

• While you can broadcast HR, it's using ANT.. With virtual run, it rebroadcasts sensor data over BLE, so it can be used by things like zwift. 

• i need to buy footpod 

= less reasonable choice over 245 and whai if i buy footpod and garmin update 645 ,thay can give info if they want implement virtual run to fr 645 or dont maybe is hardware issue not software if they dont update i definetly buy foot pod .

• Yeah, definitely we need Virtual Run mode in FR645 series, and also PacePro

FR645 supposed to be premier running only gps watch, and now FR245 gets more feature set ??? Terrible...

It is still x45 series, the same as FR645

Garmin, please listen to your customer-base request !!

Why did garmin product manager ignore us?

Is it because they have no competition in the sports and gps watches ?

All FR645 owners really need to push garmin; please send your request using this link

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

• The 245 is also a year newer than the 645 and you'll find other things on the 245 that aren't on the 645.  Widget glances for example.  It could be due to newer HW or other things.

• My take on it - a watch is only 'premium' in the year it is launched.  Why woud  'competitive edge' functionality be back-ported?   

I am quite sure the marketing dept could say - 'if you want the functions of a <<<put in your fav comparison model here>>>, go out and buy it.  We can't 're-incarnate' a <<<xxx>>>  as a 645.  What will the use of releasing new products be then?

*Yes, I still have my 645 but I bought an F6s to have access to all the new features - that is the life-cycle of electronic / consumer goods.  Your <<<<premium 645 watch>>>> is actually more than 2y old now and has probably already slid off the backlog boards at Garmin. 

• Garmin may have been wrong, from a customer's perspective, to number these watches as they did. A few users here have suggested 635 (Plus) or 640 would have been more appropriate. But, ultimately it's up to the consumer to comparison shop and choose the feature set that's best for them. Don't expect to get features that haven't explicitly been promised. When users upgrade to a new watch, the sales justify the R&D that Garmin put into developing the new features they add.

The 645 still has a number of things that make it "premium," at least for some users, e.g., metal bezel, barometric altimeter, Garmin Pay, lactate threshold heart rate detection, Garmin Running Power, and support for cycling power meters.

• My take on it - a watch is only 'premium' in the year it is launched.  Why woud  'competitive edge' functionality be back-ported? 

In the Edge series is different. The Edge 1030 received some functionalities from 830 for example and was the same in the past with Edge 1000. 

Doing different the top Garmin Running watch is eating from 245 and 945 that have a different buyer personas. 

This could have senso only if they are launching the new 655 in some weeks in my opinion.