This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify always starts from beginning of podcast, and it is hard to skip forward to resume a podcast

For the last two weeks I have been using the Spotify app to sync and play podcasts that are about an hour long. It is not going very well. 

Whenever I attempt to resume an episode, it starts from the beginning. This is even though the episode says I have "X minutes remaining" right before I click on it to resume. I also often get a "connecting to headphones" screen before the podcast starts.

This is frustrating for two reasons:

• My workouts are always less than an hour, so virtual everyday I am unable to resume a podcast from where I left off.
  • The Spotify interface is unusable for skipping forward to where I left off. The only interface method is the "15 seconds forward" button, and every press of this button takes 2-3 seconds to register. So it would take 6-9 minutes of button pressing to skip forward to the 45 minute point of a podcast

Last week I was very determined and did spend 5 minutes pressing the watch button to resume my podcast. I am not doing that again. I think I'd rather watch grass grow. Or get 5 more minutes of a workout in.

Some other details:

• Phone is 645 Music
  • I am using the 1.3.21 version of the spotify app.
  • Garmin software is 6.50 (b23b9d3).
  • Podcast I have been playing is Literature and History by Doug Metzger.
  • Bluetooth headphones are AfterShokz Aeropex.
  • I have at least 5 episodes synced to the device at a time.
  • I have the same experience as well.

It would be great to have the watch know where you left off and start at the same point on the next training session.

• Bumping this thread because I'd also love an answer!

• Also interested to see Garmin's response on a work around for this.

• I am also interested to hear Garmin's response to this

• Although I only listen to podcasts occasionally, I think this is a mandatory feature. +1

• This is a third party app, and a user forum, so you likely won't get a response from Garmin. You should request the feature from Spotify.

• Try putting the podcasts into a Spotify playlist and after synching the playlist listening to them from the there. You lose the ability to skip forward and back by 15 seconds but it remembers where you stopped listening to the podcast, even through a power cycle. I think. 

• I've put the podcasts and music tracks on 2 different playlists and it does not resume content from them at all. For example I am listening a first track from the playlist 1 then pause on the middle then switch to playlist 2 change the track to 2 pause, go to playlist 1 and I should expect that on playlist 1 IT will resume at track 1 at the time I paused it but its starts from begining. The same when I come back to playlist 2 I should expect that IT will continue from track 2 when I paused. The only solution is not to use playlist and download the podcast directly from albums then the resume works. It is so funny that you need to pay for premium subscription in order to use Spotify with so crappy user experience.

• That has happened to me too.

And sometimes it does work, I come back it is where I left off.

And sometimes with a brand new podcast it starts in the middle, and I have to 'rewind" for five minutes.

In the Spotify App pushing the forward/rewind button makes a fifteen second jump.  Holding down the button SHOULD fast forward/fast reverse, but it doesn't.   I have to repeatedly push the button.

Spotify probably doesn't care about their Garmin app.   I can contact them, but that's not going to do anything.   If Garmin contacts spotify and asks them to make modifications, that might have an effect.. 

• 1. Podcasts synched to the watch as a podcast never resume after a headset or watch power cycle.

2. Podcasts synched to the watch as a playlist do resume after a headset or watch power cycle.

3. No playlist, whether it contains a podcast or music resumes from the point it was last playing if you switch to another playlist. 

4. My watch Spotify app does not contain an option to synch albums, only playlists, recently played, made for you, workouts or podcasts. Can you please explain how you synch albums to your watch and how you organise podcasts in Spotify into Albums? 

Thank you.