This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay not working on 645M

Had a Garmin 645 Music for a year. Garmin Pay working fine with a Santander card. Garmin Pay stopped working suddenly in December. The company I bought it from inspected it and agreed to send me a new replacement a few weeks ago.

That one worked fine for about a week, now the same thing, card readers can't read my watch.

I can select it on my watch, enter my PIN and it shows the screen with a picture of the card. It's just any card machine can't read it.

Wondered if it was as software update issue? Very strange it's happened twice.

Anyone else had the same problem?

• same issue here with 6.40 (be40110)

• same issue here with 6.40 (be40110)

• Just used it and worked fine. I am still on firmware 6.4.

• Yet another update - I've asked the support team for FW6.40 GCD file to downgrade manually, but sadly they are not willing to provide it. I guess only thing left now is waiting untill they fix it in next update. They also suggested unpairing the watch, reinstalling the companion app and then pairing the watch again. Personally I've had no luck with abovementioned method - like I mentioned before, only the first transaction goes throu.

• Same issue here. I got all excited that Garmin support were taking an active interest so I contacted using the link below. I should have known better. So far the best response from them is "can you take us a video of it happening"?

Sure - I'll go stand in a shop and video some random shopkeepers payment terminal. That's not going to look suspicious at all or get the cops called on me! And guess what - that video will show exactly nothing, a watch screen with a card picture and a countdown timer (i'm guessing Garmin have seen a few of those), and a payment terminal which sits there and does nothing until it times out.

Something about my "no payment terminals anywhere work for me now, they just ignore the watch like it isn't there" must have got lost in translation.

• COME ON GARMIN. You're meant to be good at the stuff. The place I bought it from had to do a full refund on my watch then I bought another that has the same problem.  can They Youare a small business and have lost out because of this. You can tell from this thread there's a problem. Get it sorted, or at least tell us it will be in the next update.

• I can't even get a card added to my wallet. I've had the watch for just over a month and have yet to be able to setup Garmin Pay. I'm going to try to contact support but sounds like it may be a lost cause.

• I'm having this issue... only problem is my SW version is 6.20 so now what? It's not a update problem then... it's a Garmin problem.

• I'm having this issue... only problem is my SW version is 6.20 so now what? It's not a update problem then... it's a Garmin problem.