This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't connect to HRM-Run

My 645 non-music won't recognize my HRM-Run.  I've replaced the battery on the HRM and tried a factory reset of the 645.  The 645 still won't recognize the HRM-Run.  Any suggestions?  

• I don't think it depends on the clock. try to connect the hrnrun to another device to see if the problem is with the strap or the watch

• My first HRM-RUN did this after I replaced the battery.  I had to call Garmin to get a replacement.  My current HRM-RUN I have changed the battery twice without issues.

• Try removing the battery again and either placing it in backwards for a few seconds, or waiting an exaggerated amount of time like 15+ minutes before placing it back in. There's no "reset" for the HRM-Run, but this will functionally be the closest you can get. 

I have run into this personally multiple times over the years when replacing the batteries in my HRMs and this always works. If this doesn't work for you, please reach out to us at support.garmin.com for additional help. 

• Good day.
    Tell me, on HRM-RUN of the first generation, how to update firmware to version 6.60 to use advanced running metrics. The 945 watch does not issue belt updates when connected to Garmin Express.
    Files hrm 660.gcd, when copied to the clock, also do not update the sensor.